North Korean army says it has final approval for nuclear attack on the US, the official KCNA news agency says. This comes shortly after the Pentagon said the US military prepares to deploy an advanced missile-defense system to Guam.
"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," AFP cited the statement published by the local news agency.
North Korea's supreme military command has issued a statement saying it formally notifies the Transparent House and the Pentagon that their threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".
In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People's Army (KPA) said it was formally informing Washington that reckless US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".
"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said. "The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation," it added. North Korea had threatened a "pre-emptive" nuclear strike against the United States a month ago, and last week the supreme army command ordered its strategic rocket units to combat status for strikes on the US mainland and US bases in Guam and Hawaii.
"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," Thursday's statement said, adding that a war could break out on the Korean peninsula "today or tomorrow".
If NK does nothing, they will have lost all credibility not only in the outside world but within as well which could make things even more dicey. Never have we heard such threats from North Korea before. Not in my lifetime.